erie abdallah - young/reckless
1. i know you rider (intro) (2:32)
2. angels' fight song (5:53)
3. i sit down cool in the shade (2:29)
4. i've seen your muscles slide (3:34)
5. breathing machine (10:08)
6. i know you rider (pts. 2+3) (9:43)
7. the wilson machine works (4:31)
8. light-colored bulbs (5:15)
9. light-colored bulbs (repeater) (9:21)
10. here come the cops (3:57)
11. kim & karen (2:50)
12. milk chocolate (3:16)
13. young/reckless (30:33)
this one is more towards the experimental side, at least opposed to the more folksy stuff that's been posted in the past. there's no denying the fact that this album is a little bit self-indulgent with several songs stretching upwards 10 minutes, but it was certainly enjoyable to record. i particularly enjoy the title track.
like all the other records, you set out with a particular idea/sound in mind and by the end, the finished product is nothing like that. originally, this was planned to be an all-instrumental space-y one. then after that, it was intended to basically be a dumping ground for songs that didn't quite fit the other projects being worked on. then, it was this.
p.s i do enjoy that photo. some old pinhole taken in high school.